Monday, July 03, 2006

Lacoste Remoras...Simply Mythical

Lacoste Shoes Remoras Lacoste Remoras

In ancient times, the remora was believed to stop a ship from sailing.

In Latin remora means "delay".

Particularly notable is the account of Pliny the Younger, in which the remora is blamed for the defeat of Mark Antony at the Battle of Actium and (indirectly) for the death of Caligula.

OK..OK.

So I went a little encyclopedic on this one. But, you know what, I like doing a little research on shoe names. I think that's pretty cool.

But if I was asked to name a shoe I'd probably give it some simple name like "The Red/White Shoe". Let's thank God I don't have that responsibility.

Anyhow, your Lacoste Remoras will be stopping onlookers and innocent bystanders in their tracks. And you won't even feel a thing, since walking in these is reported to be "like walking on pillows". There is nothing mythical about that.

No comments: